Orange County News
Irvine women randomly shot at on 5 Freeway in Oceanside
OCEANSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Two Irvine women driving home from a concert were reportedly shot at in Oceanside early Saturday morning.
The two 24-year-old women were attending a concert in San Diego Friday night.
They say that at about 2:20 a.m. Saturday, while driving north on the 5 Freeway between Mission Avenue and Oceanside Boulevard, someone came out of bushes with a shotgun and fired at them, shattering the passenger window of the car.
Police said the shotgun blast at close range damaged the passenger side door frame and blew out the window of their Mazda3.
The women were able to keep driving and get help at a nearby gas station.
The driver had a piece of lead removed from her wrist. The other woman sustained cuts to her face from flying glass.
The California Highway Patrol confirmed the shooting appears to be random.
Anyone with information related to the incident is urged to call Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
shooting, orange county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 18 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought 37 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 25 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite 20 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour