Orange County News
Body found in Orange street; possible hit-and-run
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was found dead in the roadway in Orange Tuesday. Investigators have been trying to determine if they have a victim of a hit-and-run -- or something else.
Authorities said the body of a 37-year-old male transient was found on Tustin Street between Quincy and Collins avenues at about 6:15 a.m. His name has not been released pending notification of next of kin, but friends identified him as Loy Biddle.
Police say a Good Samaritan saw the body in the street and stopped her car, blocking the body so that no one would hit him. She then called Orange police.
It's not yet known exactly how he died, but detectives say the man had massive head trauma. Police are trying to figure out if it was a hit-and-run, or if he died somewhere else and was dumped.
The Orange Police Department is investigating. As detectives gathered evidence, they put up black blinds to block the body from being seen.
Officers urged anyone who may have information about the body to call the Orange Police Department at (714) 744-7444.
hit and run, orange county news, eileen frere
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut