Orange County News
Chihuahua with missing leg abandoned; reward offered to find ex-owner
WESTMINSTER, Calif. (KABC) -- A reward is being offered as an animal rescue group tries to find a dog owner who abandoned a Chihuahua with a partially missing hind leg.
The dog named Daisy was discovered in a laundry basket last week in a Westminster park. Her vets say the Chihuahua was missing a hind leg, had been abused and was malnourished.
"Daisy was most likely not born this way because there is skin that has grown over her leg," according to VCA Lakewood's medical director, Dr. Ronald Morein. "Further, it does not appear that a licensed veterinarian performed an amputation surgery on Daisy based on the point at which her leg is missing."
Good Samaritans are offering a $500 reward in hopes of finding Daisy's former owner.
The pup is recovering at a local shelter and her rescuers believe they'll find her a new home.
"She's very small. She's extremely sweet. Awhile ago, she was giving kisses to our volunteers. She would make a great lap dog to anyone," said Sheila Choi with the Fuzzy Pet Foundation.
Choi says Daisy should be placed with a more mature owner. Anyone interested in the Fuzzy Pet Foundation and Daisy can call (310) 883-5681.
animal news, orange county news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis