Orange County News
Chihuahua with missing leg abandoned; reward offered to find ex-owner
WESTMINSTER, Calif. (KABC) -- A reward is being offered as an animal rescue group tries to find a dog owner who abandoned a Chihuahua with a partially missing hind leg.
The dog named Daisy was discovered in a laundry basket last week in a Westminster park. Her vets say the Chihuahua was missing a hind leg, had been abused and was malnourished.
"Daisy was most likely not born this way because there is skin that has grown over her leg," according to VCA Lakewood's medical director, Dr. Ronald Morein. "Further, it does not appear that a licensed veterinarian performed an amputation surgery on Daisy based on the point at which her leg is missing."
Good Samaritans are offering a $500 reward in hopes of finding Daisy's former owner.
The pup is recovering at a local shelter and her rescuers believe they'll find her a new home.
"She's very small. She's extremely sweet. Awhile ago, she was giving kisses to our volunteers. She would make a great lap dog to anyone," said Sheila Choi with the Fuzzy Pet Foundation.
Choi says Daisy should be placed with a more mature owner. Anyone interested in the Fuzzy Pet Foundation and Daisy can call (310) 883-5681.
animal news, orange county news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 6 min ago
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC 58 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 9 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2 57 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets 54 min ago
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper 55 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors