Orange County News
Chihuahua with missing leg abandoned; reward offered to find ex-owner
WESTMINSTER, Calif. (KABC) -- A reward is being offered as an animal rescue group tries to find a dog owner who abandoned a Chihuahua with a partially missing hind leg.
The dog named Daisy was discovered in a laundry basket last week in a Westminster park. Her vets say the Chihuahua was missing a hind leg, had been abused and was malnourished.
"Daisy was most likely not born this way because there is skin that has grown over her leg," according to VCA Lakewood's medical director, Dr. Ronald Morein. "Further, it does not appear that a licensed veterinarian performed an amputation surgery on Daisy based on the point at which her leg is missing."
Good Samaritans are offering a $500 reward in hopes of finding Daisy's former owner.
The pup is recovering at a local shelter and her rescuers believe they'll find her a new home.
"She's very small. She's extremely sweet. Awhile ago, she was giving kisses to our volunteers. She would make a great lap dog to anyone," said Sheila Choi with the Fuzzy Pet Foundation.
Choi says Daisy should be placed with a more mature owner. Anyone interested in the Fuzzy Pet Foundation and Daisy can call (310) 883-5681.
animal news, orange county news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 34 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 56 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring 17 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles 7 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break