Orange County News
Chihuahua with missing leg abandoned; reward offered to find ex-owner
WESTMINSTER, Calif. (KABC) -- A reward is being offered as an animal rescue group tries to find a dog owner who abandoned a Chihuahua with a partially missing hind leg.
The dog named Daisy was discovered in a laundry basket last week in a Westminster park. Her vets say the Chihuahua was missing a hind leg, had been abused and was malnourished.
"Daisy was most likely not born this way because there is skin that has grown over her leg," according to VCA Lakewood's medical director, Dr. Ronald Morein. "Further, it does not appear that a licensed veterinarian performed an amputation surgery on Daisy based on the point at which her leg is missing."
Good Samaritans are offering a $500 reward in hopes of finding Daisy's former owner.
The pup is recovering at a local shelter and her rescuers believe they'll find her a new home.
"She's very small. She's extremely sweet. Awhile ago, she was giving kisses to our volunteers. She would make a great lap dog to anyone," said Sheila Choi with the Fuzzy Pet Foundation.
Choi says Daisy should be placed with a more mature owner. Anyone interested in the Fuzzy Pet Foundation and Daisy can call (310) 883-5681.
animal news, orange county news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 25 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet 16 min ago
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2