Orange County News
Santa Ana grandmother dies from Monday crash injuries
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Santa Ana woman died from her injuries Thursday after being hit by a pickup truck on Monday.
The collision occurred at the intersection of Ramona Drive and Central Avenue in Santa Ana.
Police say Carmen Teresa Silva, 51, was walking her grandchildren to school when a teen driver hit her and her 6-year-old grandson. Her 7-year-old granddaughter was not struck. The boy died Monday in a hospital.
Authorities say a 17-year old Segerstrom Fundamental High School student was driving his 13-year old brother to MacArthur Fundamental Intermediate School when the accident happened. The teen stayed at the scene and cooperated with investigators.
orange county news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 59 min ago
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains 23 min ago
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- Sleet, ice, deep freeze hit large swath of US 26 min ago
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis