Orange County News
Huntington Beach sexual battery, armed robbery suspect sought
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Huntington Beach police are searching for a suspect who allegedly robbed and sexually battered a woman at gunpoint.
Police say the victim, a female adult, was returning home at approximately 1 a.m. on Oct. 3 when the suspect approached her from behind. Investigators say the suspect, who had a handgun, grabbed the woman, covered her mouth and ordered her not to scream.
The victim resisted and they both fell to the ground. According to police, the suspect sexually battered the victim before taking her property and fleeing the area.
Police are asking for the public's help to identify the suspect, who is described as a male Hispanic, about 22 to 26 years old, 5 feet 7 inches tall with a medium build. The man was wearing a black, short-sleeved T-shirt with white and blue designs and blue jeans.
Investigators released a composite sketch. If you recognize the suspect or you have any information about this case, you're urged to call the Huntington Beach Police Department's hotline at (714) 375-5066 or Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIPS-OCCS.
robbery, sex crimes, orange county news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed 14 min ago
- IE suspect found after escaping from police 38 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 39 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video 8 min ago
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants