Orange County News
Orange Coast College indecent exposure suspect arrested
COSTA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 20-year-old Irvine man was arrested for allegedly exposing himself to a woman at Orange Coast College.
Authorities say Patrick Balahan approached an 18-year-old female student on Thursday near her parked car in the parking lot off Merrimac Way. According to OCC security, the male told her he was conducting a survey but subsequently began asking her sexually explicit questions just before exposing his genitals to her.
Shortly after this incident, OCC security and Costa Mesa police officers detained Balahan in a parking lot in the 2000 block of Fairview Road.
When officers questioned Balahan, he claimed he was a student at the college. He admitted he had contacted and questioned the female earlier in the evening, but he denied exposing himself.
Balahan was arrested and booked at the Costa Mesa Police Department jail.
Police say OCC security have a list of female students who previously encountered a male on campus matching Balahan's description. No other details were released.
arrest, school, orange county news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 49 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 25 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 4 min ago
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup 34 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions 33 min ago
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand 53 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons