Orange County News
Orange Coast College indecent exposure suspect arrested
COSTA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 20-year-old Irvine man was arrested for allegedly exposing himself to a woman at Orange Coast College.
Authorities say Patrick Balahan approached an 18-year-old female student on Thursday near her parked car in the parking lot off Merrimac Way. According to OCC security, the male told her he was conducting a survey but subsequently began asking her sexually explicit questions just before exposing his genitals to her.
Shortly after this incident, OCC security and Costa Mesa police officers detained Balahan in a parking lot in the 2000 block of Fairview Road.
When officers questioned Balahan, he claimed he was a student at the college. He admitted he had contacted and questioned the female earlier in the evening, but he denied exposing himself.
Balahan was arrested and booked at the Costa Mesa Police Department jail.
Police say OCC security have a list of female students who previously encountered a male on campus matching Balahan's description. No other details were released.
arrest, school, orange county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Luxury-grade SUVs increasingly popular
28 min ago