Orange County News
Long Beach man arrested for Lake Forest home-invasion robbery
LAKE FOREST, Calif. (KABC) -- A Long Beach man was arrested Friday on suspicion of committing a home-invasion robbery in Lake Forest in August.
Vannak San, 32, was identified as a suspect in the August 21 robbery in which a suspect entered a residence on the 21000 block of Canterbury and tied up a 26-year-old male resident. The suspect stole various items including jewelry, a computer tablet and personal papers, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
Investigators lifted a latent fingerprint left at the scene and San was identified. San is a career criminal with ties to a Long Beach criminal street gang, the sheriff's department said.
San was located in Long Beach and arrested and booked for robbery, residential burglary and criminal threats. Investigators were continuing to the search to recover stolen items.
Anyone with additional information is encouraged to call sheriff's investigators at (714) 647-7000. Anonymous tips may also be submitted to Orange County Crime Stoppers at 855-TIP-OCCS (855-847-6227) or at occrimestoppers.org.
arrest, home invasion, robbery, burglary, orange county news
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 20 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge 46 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed 40 min ago
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker