Orange County News
Long Beach man arrested for Lake Forest home-invasion robbery
LAKE FOREST, Calif. (KABC) -- A Long Beach man was arrested Friday on suspicion of committing a home-invasion robbery in Lake Forest in August.
Vannak San, 32, was identified as a suspect in the August 21 robbery in which a suspect entered a residence on the 21000 block of Canterbury and tied up a 26-year-old male resident. The suspect stole various items including jewelry, a computer tablet and personal papers, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
Investigators lifted a latent fingerprint left at the scene and San was identified. San is a career criminal with ties to a Long Beach criminal street gang, the sheriff's department said.
San was located in Long Beach and arrested and booked for robbery, residential burglary and criminal threats. Investigators were continuing to the search to recover stolen items.
Anyone with additional information is encouraged to call sheriff's investigators at (714) 647-7000. Anonymous tips may also be submitted to Orange County Crime Stoppers at 855-TIP-OCCS (855-847-6227) or at occrimestoppers.org.
arrest, home invasion, robbery, burglary, orange county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- CA proposal: Kill switch for stolen phones?
20 min ago