Orange County News
Orange firefighters shave their heads to support young patients
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters in the city of Orange did a good deed Tuesday, and it had nothing to do with fire.
They shaved their heads in a show of support for young patients at Children's Hospital of Orange County.
Fire crews were inspired by the daughter of one of their own. Firefighter John Voris' 15-year-old daughter, Saylor, was recently diagnosed with leukemia and has been undergoing chemotherapy, causing her hair to fall out.
The firefighters also donated blood and want to encourage everyone who can to do the same.
cancer, orange county news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees