Orange County News
Orange firefighters shave their heads to support young patients
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters in the city of Orange did a good deed Tuesday, and it had nothing to do with fire.
They shaved their heads in a show of support for young patients at Children's Hospital of Orange County.
Fire crews were inspired by the daughter of one of their own. Firefighter John Voris' 15-year-old daughter, Saylor, was recently diagnosed with leukemia and has been undergoing chemotherapy, causing her hair to fall out.
The firefighters also donated blood and want to encourage everyone who can to do the same.
cancer, orange county news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 47 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors