Orange County News
Huntington Beach homicide: Man covered in blood questioned about body
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is underway in Huntington Beach after a man was spotted walking on the street drenched in blood and another man was found dead inside an apartment. Investigators are trying to figure out if the man on the street is another victim or the killer.
Authorities say it was shortly after 11 a.m. Wednesday when officers found the dead body of a man inside an apartment unit on the 1400 block of Delaware Street. The discovery was made after someone called police reporting a man walking down Delaware Street, who appeared to have been stabbed.
"Our officers responded, and sure as heck, they found a guy walking down the street covered with blood," said Lt. Mitchell O'Brien.
That man was detained and taken to a hospital and is now being questioned. Investigators say they followed a trail of evidence, including blood, back to the apartment. That's when the body was discovered.
Neighbors are trying to make sense of what happened.
"It is unusual. This neighborhood is very quiet. I lived here 12 years and I never heard anything," said neighbor Fabiola Hoyos.
One neighbor said she heard an argument in the morning but didn't think much of it.
"I did hear this morning, around 10 this morning, some guys yelling at each other. Unfortunately, I just sort of ignored it, thinking that it was some neighbors, just a little altercation," said neighbor Karen Woo. "I didn't realize it was something that serious. I'm just shocked."
stabbing, orange county news, jovana lara
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs 26 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones 21 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)