Orange County News
Car slams into Anaheim liquor store; no injuries
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A massive cleanup effort is underway at an Anaheim liquor store after a man drove his PT Cruiser into the business.
The crash happened in the 500 block of South State College Boulevard at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Police say the 20-year-old driver was approaching Happy Liquor Store when he hit the gas instead of the brake.
The vehicle caused structural damage to the store and knocked down some shelves. Fortunately no one was injured.
Store owner Thomas Tran said he wasn't sure what was going on when it all happened.
"I thought it was an earthquake but then again, I felt the impact. You could feel the impact of the car," described Tran. "It's a big mess. Got a lot to clean up and then I have to call the insurance to help us out."
Police say the driver was going to buy juice. He wasn't cited or arrested.
car crash, orange county news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 13 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks