Orange County News
Car slams into Anaheim liquor store; no injuries
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A massive cleanup effort is underway at an Anaheim liquor store after a man drove his PT Cruiser into the business.
The crash happened in the 500 block of South State College Boulevard at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Police say the 20-year-old driver was approaching Happy Liquor Store when he hit the gas instead of the brake.
The vehicle caused structural damage to the store and knocked down some shelves. Fortunately no one was injured.
Store owner Thomas Tran said he wasn't sure what was going on when it all happened.
"I thought it was an earthquake but then again, I felt the impact. You could feel the impact of the car," described Tran. "It's a big mess. Got a lot to clean up and then I have to call the insurance to help us out."
Police say the driver was going to buy juice. He wasn't cited or arrested.
car crash, orange county news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'