Orange County News
Dog barking wakes Santa Ana family to house fire
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A dog may have saved a sleeping Santa Ana family from a house fire Tuesday morning, waking them with loud barking around 2 a.m.
The family then noticed the small fire that was contained to one room.
They ran out but quickly realized the dog was still inside. The husband ran back in and rescued the dog.
The man also grabbed a sprinkler, threw it in the house and turned on the water.
Firefighters knocked down the fire in a short amount of time.
Investigators are looking into a cause, and say it appears the smoke detector was not working.
animal news, fire, orange county news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry