Orange County News
Fullerton pursuit suspect dies after crashing into house
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect was killed at the end of a police pursuit in Fullerton Wednesday after crashing into a tree, a parked car and a house.
The incident occurred at the intersection of Amerige and Roosevelt avenues around 2 a.m.
Fullerton police responded to a call from a taxi driver who reported that he had been assaulted following a fare dispute in the downtown Fullerton area.
The suspect reportedly refused to pay his taxi fare and punched the taxi driver several times before fleeing in a silver vehicle.
Authorities said the taxi driver immediately called police with a description of the car.
Responding officers located the suspect and a short pursuit ensued. The suspect fled from police, traveling westbound on Amerige Avenue at a high rate of speed.
The suspect lost control at the T-intersection of Amerige and Roosevelt avenues and collided into a parked car and a palm tree before barrelling into a house.
The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene. He has not been identified pending notification of kin.
No one in the home was injured and the home sustained only minor damage.
Investigators say alcohol may have been a factor.
The investigation is ongoing.
car crash, car chase, pursuit, orange county news, christina salvo
- Nursing home shooting murder: Brother arrested 12 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz 4 min ago
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges 6 min ago
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies 8 min ago
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- House GOP signal support for budget deal
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Jason Clarke in talks for 'Terminator' reboot