Orange County News
Fullerton pursuit suspect dies after crashing into house
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect was killed at the end of a police pursuit in Fullerton Wednesday after crashing into a tree, a parked car and a house.
The incident occurred at the intersection of Amerige and Roosevelt avenues around 2 a.m.
Fullerton police responded to a call from a taxi driver who reported that he had been assaulted following a fare dispute in the downtown Fullerton area.
The suspect reportedly refused to pay his taxi fare and punched the taxi driver several times before fleeing in a silver vehicle.
Authorities said the taxi driver immediately called police with a description of the car.
Responding officers located the suspect and a short pursuit ensued. The suspect fled from police, traveling westbound on Amerige Avenue at a high rate of speed.
The suspect lost control at the T-intersection of Amerige and Roosevelt avenues and collided into a parked car and a palm tree before barrelling into a house.
The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene. He has not been identified pending notification of kin.
No one in the home was injured and the home sustained only minor damage.
Investigators say alcohol may have been a factor.
The investigation is ongoing.
car crash, car chase, pursuit, orange county news, christina salvo
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 6 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)