Orange County News
Baby born on side of 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A baby was born early Wednesday morning in an unusual place - the side of the 5 Freeway!
It happened around 12:40 a.m. on the southbound freeway shoulder near the SR-22 connector in Santa Ana. The woman's husband was rushing her to the hospital when she just couldn't hold off any longer.
A veteran California Highway Patrol officer responded to the call. By the time he arrived, the bundle of joy had already been born and was sitting on mom's lap.
The officer called this a first for him in his 17 years on the job.
Both mom and baby were taken to the hospital and are said to be doing just fine.
City News Service contributed to this report.
orange county news
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake 5 min ago
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Azusa cheerleader dies from rare lung cancer
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Photos: 'Modern Family' home selling for $2.35M
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)