Orange County News
Woman, young child found injured on Santa Ana street
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are investigating the mysterious death of a woman found on a street in Santa Ana Thursday with a young child next to her.
Police responded to the intersection of Edinger Avenue and Raitt Street following reports of a woman down around 8 p.m.
The woman was found suffering from severe head injuries when she was discovered.
She had a girl believed to be around one or two years old with her. She was found with minor bumps and bruises.
Both were taken to a local hospital where the woman shortly succumbed to her injuries.
Police believe the woman was either pushed or jumped off a vehicle with the child in her arms.
A dark-colored pickup was seen leaving the scene.
The investigation was ongoing. Anyone with information regarding the incident was urged to contact Santa Ana police at (714) 245-8665.
orange county news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months