Orange County News
Man arrested in connection w/ girlfriend's death
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 21-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of felony hit and run in connection with the death of his girlfriend in Santa Ana.
The woman was found badly injured, lying next to her 13-month-old daughter on the intersection of Edinger Avenue and Raitt Street Thursday.
The victim, identified as 21-year-old Gloria Sanchez, later died from her injuries.
Fransico Montano turned himself in Friday, but has not been cooperative. The suspect's black Toyota Rav4 was seen leaving the scene of the crime.
The couple's child was found scratched up and has since been placed under the care of Orange County Social Services.
Police believe the woman was either pushed or jumped off a vehicle with the child in her arms.
Montano is being held on $200,000 bail. Officials believe he may be a flight risk.
Anyone with information in this case was urged to contact Santa Ana police at (714) 245-8665.
arrest, hit and run, orange county news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 3 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video