Orange County News
Villa Park High wrestling coach arrested for choke hold on student
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- A high school wrestling coach was arrested in Orange Wednesday, accused of felony battery on a student.
Orange County sheriff's deputies arrested 26-year-old Emmanuel Hugo Hernandez, who works as a "walk-on" wrestling coach at Villa Park High School.
Investigators say that during afternoon practice, he put a member of the team in an unauthorized choke hold. He allegedly ignored the victim's attempt to tell him to stop, causing him to lose consciousness.
He is also accused of punching the victim in the head several times, causing a visible injury near the right ear.
Authorities say Hernandez immediately left the school, while the victim was taken to a local hospital. He was taken into custody at his residence in the city of Orange.
Hernandez was booked at the Orange County Jail on $100,000 bail.
arrest, school, orange county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 26 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School 31 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video