Orange County News
Arson suspected in Anaheim hotel fire; arrest made
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A man is under arrest for arson charges following a two-alarm fire inside his hotel room in Anaheim Sunday.
The blaze erupted on the second floor of the Lemon Tree Inn in the 1600 block of East Lincoln Avenue around 7:30 p.m.
The suspect's room was the only one damaged, but as many as 30 other hotel residents were forced to evacuate.
Police say 62-year-old Richard Widry had lived in the hotel for two weeks, but had just checked out following an argument with management.
It took a crew of about 35 firefighters about 20 minutes to knock down the fire. Widry's room was blackened.
No injuries were reported.
Thirty to 40 hotel residents were displaced following the blaze.
Anyone with information regarding the incident was urged to call investigators at (714) 765-7900.
CNS contributed to this report.
arrest, fire, arson, orange county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 3 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break