Orange County News
Arson suspected in Anaheim hotel fire; arrest made
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A man is under arrest for arson charges following a two-alarm fire inside his hotel room in Anaheim Sunday.
The blaze erupted on the second floor of the Lemon Tree Inn in the 1600 block of East Lincoln Avenue around 7:30 p.m.
The suspect's room was the only one damaged, but as many as 30 other hotel residents were forced to evacuate.
Police say 62-year-old Richard Widry had lived in the hotel for two weeks, but had just checked out following an argument with management.
It took a crew of about 35 firefighters about 20 minutes to knock down the fire. Widry's room was blackened.
No injuries were reported.
Thirty to 40 hotel residents were displaced following the blaze.
Anyone with information regarding the incident was urged to call investigators at (714) 765-7900.
CNS contributed to this report.
arrest, fire, arson, orange county news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 22 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 45 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...