Orange County News
Security guard opens fire on suspect at Fullerton Jewelry Mart
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A security guard opened fire on a suspect during an attempted robbery at the Fullerton Jewelry Mart Wednesday, forcing store employees and patrons to duck for cover.
Authorities say the incident happened at the business on Harbor Boulevard and Orangethorpe Avenue at 6:04 p.m. The suspect peppersprayed the security guard, who then fired several rounds.
The suspect was apparently grazed in the head by a bullet while fleeing the scene, police said, but he was gone before officers arrived. No one else was injured.
No jewelry was taken. Police are still searching for a suspect or suspects in a dark-colored SUV.
shooting, robbery, orange county news
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 23 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015 53 min ago
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts 51 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
40 min ago