Orange County News
Suspected beer thieves arrested after scaling down side of hotel
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters had to rescue a suspected beer thief, who tried to flee by scaling down from the 10th floor of a hotel in Santa Ana.
Police say it all started when Gabriel Sauceda, 22, and his friend Chad Walker, 20, stole four cases of beer from a Mobile gas station. The first theft occured around 5:20 p.m. A clerk at the gas station says the thieves returned to commit a second beer run around 6:20 p.m.
Following the second theft, the clerk followed the suspects and saw them enter the nearby Embassy Suites on East Dyer Road. He then alerted authorities.
When officers arrived, they tracked down the two suspects at a party on the 10th floor. The two alleged thieves then went onto the balcony and started scaling down the side of the building, going from one balcony to the next.
Sauceda fell and broke his leg in several places. He had to be rescued by firefighters and lowered down to the ground by an Orange County Fire Authority ladder company.
Both men were taken into custody, booked for burglary and taken to Orange County Jail.
arrest, stupid criminals, burglary, orange county news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate 50 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Criticism of painkiller Zohydro intensifies
21 min ago