Orange County News
Small plane makes emergency landing on northbound 241 toll road in Mission Viejo
MISSION VIEJO, Calif. (KABC) -- A student pilot and instructor aboard a two-seat plane are fine after making an emergency landing on the northbound 241 toll road in Mission Viejo Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
The single-engine plane landed in the center divider of the toll road at Oso Parkway at 3:15 p.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor said the people aboard the small plane reported an engine problem.
No injuries were reported, and there was no damage to the plane.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
airplane, orange county news
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 53 min ago
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists' 24 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 56 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat 18 min ago
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
15 min ago