Orange County News
Anaheim man arrested for reservoir attack
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A sexual assault victim helped Anaheim police catch her suspected attacker. Police say there may be more victims.
Authorities responded to the 7000 block of E. Shorecrest Lane on Tuesday afternoon. The victim says she was jogging around the Walnut Canyon Reservoir when a man tried to talk to her.
Police say he knocked her to the ground and began punching and assaulting her, but she was able to escape.
When officers responded, she had several visible injuries as a result of the attack. The victim was able to give officers a detailed description of the suspect.
Officers quickly detained a man who was seen walking away from the entrance of the reservoir who matched her description.
After the victim positively identified the man, 55-year-old Mario Orlando Montano of Anaheim was arrested and booked on suspicion of sexual assault and felony assault. He is free after posting $50,000 bail.
Detectives believe Montano may have assaulted or attempted to assault other women in the area. Anyone with information is urged to call Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
sexual assault, arrest, orange county news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 26 min ago
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash 32 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 10 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 3 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 47 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 51 min ago
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut 15 min ago
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks