Orange County News
Suspect in mall, church sexual assaults appears in court
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- The suspect in two sexual assaults in Orange County last week appeared in court on Tuesday.
Raymond Boykin, 18, allegedly stole a woman's car after sexually assaulting her Friday morning outside a church in Anaheim. Boykin later led police on a short pursuit in the car, then on foot. He was found hiding in an apartment and was arrested.
Santa Ana Police confirmed Boykin is the same person wanted for sexually assaulting a woman in a parking structure at the Santa Ana Westfield MainPlace Mall on December 11.
Boykin was charged with one felony count each of forcible oral copulation, second-degree robbery, unlawful taking of a vehicle, evading while driving recklessly, two felony counts of assault with the intent to commit a sexual offense, and sentencing enhancements and allegations for the personal use of a deadly weapon. If convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of 27 years to life in state prison.
Anyone who believes they have been a victim is encouraged to contact Supervising District Attorney investigator Paul Carvo at (714) 347-8794 or Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) 847-6227.
sexual assault, arrest, orange county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster 54 min ago
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour