Orange County News
Mission Viejo home rammed by car; driver arrested for DUI
MISSION VIEJO, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was killed inside his home after a suspected DUI driver lost control of his red Cadillac, jumped the curb, and drove into a house in Mission Viejo Sunday.
Deputies responded to the 26000 block of Pacato Drive around 2:53 a.m.
The victim, who was sleeping in the front bedroom of his home, was pronounced dead at the scene.
"It appears that at this particular residence the bedroom sits at the very front of the house, and when the vehicle came to rest just inside the residence, it was inside a bedroom, and a male that was inside that bedroom was pronounced deceased," said sheriff's Lt. Jeff Hallock.
A second person inside the home was uninjured.
Neighbors say they were awoken by the crash.
"I heard the tires squeal, and then I heard the boom," said neighbor Jacque.
Two people inside the car were not hurt.
Orange County deputies say the driver, identified as Kourosh Keshmiri, 27, of Mission Viejo, was taken into custody for felony DUI, and could face additional charges pending the outcome of the investigation.
Keshmiri has a prior misdemeanor DUI conviction in August 2010 and a pending case from June 2013. His current driver's license is suspended from the pending case in June of this year.
Friends of the victim identified him as Ken Jackson. They remembered him as a tough but sweet man who loved to fix, build and ride motorcycles.
The investigation is ongoing. The Southern California Gas Company secured a severed natural gas line as a result of the collision.
car crash, dui, orange county news
- Report: Possible armed suspect in LA Times bldg 2 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat 26 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
51 min ago