Orange County News
Huntington Harbour beaches closed due to 800-gallon sewage spill
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- It may be warm enough to hit the beach, but a few swimming spots in Orange County are closed Thursday due to a sewage spill.
Swimmers are being told to stay out of the water in parts of Huntington Harbour.
The Orange County Health Agency reports Humboldt and Davenport beaches are closed after 800 gallons of sewage spilled from a storm drain. The spill occurred on New Year's Day on Heil Avenue and Algonquin Street.
The waters near Wayfarer Lane to Warner Avenue and the main channel parallel to Coral Cay Lane are also closed due to contamination.
beach, orange county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video