Orange County News
Huntington Harbour beaches closed due to 800-gallon sewage spill
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- It may be warm enough to hit the beach, but a few swimming spots in Orange County are closed Thursday due to a sewage spill.
Swimmers are being told to stay out of the water in parts of Huntington Harbour.
The Orange County Health Agency reports Humboldt and Davenport beaches are closed after 800 gallons of sewage spilled from a storm drain. The spill occurred on New Year's Day on Heil Avenue and Algonquin Street.
The waters near Wayfarer Lane to Warner Avenue and the main channel parallel to Coral Cay Lane are also closed due to contamination.
beach, orange county news
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 34 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
51 min ago