Orange County News
Online date arrangement leads to assault, auto theft on New Year's Eve
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Three suspects were arrested for setting up a victim for a date, then assaulting and carjacking him on New Year's Eve.
Anaheim Police said the victim arranged a date through an online dating service for New Year's Eve at about 9 p.m. with Alexis Songbryd, 20. The victim drove to the 800 block of South Cornwall Drive in Anaheim to meet Songbryd. Upon arrival, he was allegedly confronted and assaulted by DeJohn Mitchell, 20, and Donnis Grimes, 21.
The two men assaulted the victim with a knife and simulated a handgun, according to police. The victim was forced to drive to multiple ATMs in Anaheim to withdraw cash before he was kicked out of the vehicle and left on the street as the suspects drove away.
The victim was beaten severely, police said, and was treated at Western Medical Center for a broken nose and several broken facial bones.
Detectives identified Mitchell, Grimes and Songbryd as suspects in the case. The stolen vehicle was located and recovered in Westminster on Wednesday, and all three suspects were arrested.
The three suspects were held at the Anaheim Police Department Detention Facility on $1 million bail each. They are scheduled for arraignment on Friday in Fullerton.
Police believe Mitchell, Grimes, and Songbryd have committed this type of crime before, and are asking for anyone with additional information or anyone who might have been a victim and who has not reported it to contact the Anaheim Police Department. Robbery Detail Sergeant Rich La Rochelle can be reached at (714) 765-1528 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
arrest, robbery, orange county news
- 4 hospitalized in Fullerton bar stabbing 10 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Gorman brush fire near full containment 59 min ago
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report