Orange County News
Cypress house party stabbing: 3 hurt, woman arrested
CYPRESS, Calif. (KABC) -- A 22-year-old woman was arrested for allegedly stabbing three people at a house party in Cypress early Sunday morning.
Authorities responded to a disturbance call in the 8700 block of Walker Street at about 1 a.m. and found three adults suffering from apparent stab wounds. The victims were taken to an area hospital in stable condition.
Police found the suspect, Kassandra Duran, nearby a short time later. She was taken into custody for attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon.
According to neighbors, a party at the house began around 10 p.m. Saturday and continued through the night.
The motive for the stabbing remains under investigation. It was unclear what the suspect's relationship was to the victims.
Duran is being held at the Orange County Jail on $500,000 bail.
Residents in the normally quiet neighborhood were unnerved by the incident.
"It's a very quiet neighborhood, I raise my family here, I got my children here, and never had any problems. So for something like this to happen was a little bit of a surprise," said Eddie Meza.
Anyone with information is urged to call Cypress police at (714) 229-6636.
stabbing, orange county news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company 40 min ago
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report