Orange County News
Anaheim bank robbery police pursuit: Suspect killed
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A bank robbery suspect was killed and another injured in a police chase in Anaheim Friday afternoon.
The two suspects were fleeing police after allegedly robbing a Bank of the West branch at 4501 East La Palma Avenue in Anaheim Hills just before 2 p.m. A citizen witnessed the robbery in progress and followed the suspects' car, then called Anaheim Police.
Responding officers located the suspects' car, a Honda Civic, and a pursuit began. The Civic crashed at Kaiser Permanente Hospital at 3460 East La Palma about 10 minutes into the chase, after running red lights and reaching speeds of about 75 mph. The driver was killed on impact, police said, and the passenger was hospitalized in critical condition.
Police say the two men had entered the bank and passed a note to a teller saying they had a gun. They also allegedly robbed a customer who was standing in line, taking a large sum of money. Police said $4,000 was stolen in the robbery.
The suspects were not immediately identified. Police are investigating whether the suspects were involved in other bank robberies.
The 4200 block of East La Palma between Tustin Avenue and Kraemer Boulevard was closed to traffic during the investigation. The roadway was fully reopened by 6 p.m.
bank robbery, pursuit, orange county news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 47 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 23 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 2 min ago
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup 32 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions 31 min ago
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand 51 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons