Orange County News
Anaheim bank robbery police pursuit: Suspect killed
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A bank robbery suspect was killed and another injured in a police chase in Anaheim Friday afternoon.
The two suspects were fleeing police after allegedly robbing a Bank of the West branch at 4501 East La Palma Avenue in Anaheim Hills just before 2 p.m. A citizen witnessed the robbery in progress and followed the suspects' car, then called Anaheim Police.
Responding officers located the suspects' car, a Honda Civic, and a pursuit began. The Civic crashed at Kaiser Permanente Hospital at 3460 East La Palma about 10 minutes into the chase, after running red lights and reaching speeds of about 75 mph. The driver was killed on impact, police said, and the passenger was hospitalized in critical condition.
Police say the two men had entered the bank and passed a note to a teller saying they had a gun. They also allegedly robbed a customer who was standing in line, taking a large sum of money. Police said $4,000 was stolen in the robbery.
The suspects were not immediately identified. Police are investigating whether the suspects were involved in other bank robberies.
The 4200 block of East La Palma between Tustin Avenue and Kraemer Boulevard was closed to traffic during the investigation. The roadway was fully reopened by 6 p.m.
bank robbery, pursuit, orange county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video