Orange County News
Santa Ana fight leaves woman, 23, in serious condition
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 23-year-old woman remains in serious condition following an early morning fight in downtown Santa Ana on Saturday.
At about 12:30 a.m., Santa Ana police officers responded to a report of an altercation at 400 North Broadway. That's where officers found a woman on the sidewalk who appeared to be unconscious.
Paramedics rushed the woman to a local hospital, where she was listed in extremely serious condition. Investigators said her injuries appear to be from a physical altercation.
Upon further investigation, authorities learned that the victim was waiting to enter The Crosby in Santa Ana with some friends when an argument broke out with another group of patrons. The argument eventually escalated into a physical fight.
"There's a group of five individuals that are only described as three females, two males, all Hispanic between 20 and 25 years of age," said Santa Ana police Cpl. Anthony Bertagna. "Two or three of the female suspects knocked her to the ground, were physically assaulting her and kicking her, and they fled the scene."
If you have any information or took video of the incident, you're urged to contact the Santa Ana Police Department's Crimes Against Persons Unit at (714) 245-8390. You can also call OC Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
fight, orange county news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks