Orange County News
Santa Ana carjacking suspect accused of stabbing victim
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A carjacking suspect was taken into custody, accused of stabbing a man and stealing his vehicle.
Police say the suspect walked up to the driver, a 42-year-old man, who was talking on his cellphone. The car was parked at the curb in the 3900 block of Hazard Avenue at around 9:40 p.m. Monday.
Authorities say the suspect, identified as 18-year-old Osvaldo Vallejo, entered the car through the passenger's side door and began physically assaulting him. The victim was able to flee and call 911. Meantime, the suspect stole the victim's white 2001 Honda Civic and fled the scene.
The victim sustained stabbing wounds to the neck and upper torso. He was transported to UC Irvine Medical Center, where he was listed in stable condition and is expected to survive.
Police patrolling the area spotted the Civic on the 3900 block of West Washington Avenue in Santa Ana at about 10:40 p.m. Vallejo was arrested without incident and booked on charges of carjacking, assault with a deadly weapon, mayhem and taking a vehicle without the owner's consent.
stabbing, orange county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break