Orange County News
Newport Beach light pole crash leaves DUI driver injured
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspected drunken motorist was injured after slamming her vehicle into a light pole in the front yard of a home in Newport Beach Saturday.
The crash occurred near Dover Drive and Harrow Place around 6:47 a.m.
Police say the woman was traveling northbound on Dover Drive in a black Hyundai Tucson when she lost control, left the roadway, and struck the light pole.
The vehicle then hit a tree before ramming against a retaining wall.
The unidentified woman suffered serious injuries and was found in a semi-conscious state.
Firefighters used an extrication tool to pull the woman out of the vehicle.
She was transported to a trauma center with stable life signs.
CNS contributed to this report.
dui, car crash, orange county news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 16 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 38 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage 54 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)