Orange County News
Newport Beach light pole crash leaves DUI driver injured
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspected drunken motorist was injured after slamming her vehicle into a light pole in the front yard of a home in Newport Beach Saturday.
The crash occurred near Dover Drive and Harrow Place around 6:47 a.m.
Police say the woman was traveling northbound on Dover Drive in a black Hyundai Tucson when she lost control, left the roadway, and struck the light pole.
The vehicle then hit a tree before ramming against a retaining wall.
The unidentified woman suffered serious injuries and was found in a semi-conscious state.
Firefighters used an extrication tool to pull the woman out of the vehicle.
She was transported to a trauma center with stable life signs.
CNS contributed to this report.
dui, car crash, orange county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour