Orange County News
Bicyclist fatally struck by hit-and-run driver in Orange
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators say a woman who fatally struck a bicyclist in Orange and fled the scene may have been driving drunk.
Joseph Robinson, 21, of Irvine was struck by a 2001 Toyota making an unsafe turn near Santiago Canyon Road and Loma Ridge around 7 a.m.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sommer Gonzales, 18, of Tustin fled the scene but was later arrested in Rancho Santa Margarita for felony driving under the influence causing injuries and felony hit-and-run causing injuries.
Gonzales was scheduled to appear in a Santa Ana courtroom Monday.
hit and run, arrest, dui, orange county news
- DTLA police search: armed, dangerous suspect 10 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped 30 min ago
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution 51 min ago
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015 17 min ago
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts 15 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
4 min ago