Orange County News
Bicyclist fatally struck by hit-and-run driver in Orange
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators say a woman who fatally struck a bicyclist in Orange and fled the scene may have been driving drunk.
Joseph Robinson, 21, of Irvine was struck by a 2001 Toyota making an unsafe turn near Santiago Canyon Road and Loma Ridge around 7 a.m.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sommer Gonzales, 18, of Tustin fled the scene but was later arrested in Rancho Santa Margarita for felony driving under the influence causing injuries and felony hit-and-run causing injuries.
Gonzales was scheduled to appear in a Santa Ana courtroom Monday.
hit and run, arrest, dui, orange county news
- 4.4-magnitude earthquake strikes LA area 6 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians