Orange County News
Costa Mesa break-in, arson suspect sought
COSTA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- Costa Mesa police are looking for a man suspected of breaking into a garage and setting it on fire.
The incident occurred near the 2700 block of Mesa Verde Drive East at approximately 8:30 p.m. Monday. Investigators say the man stole his ex-girlfriend's garage door opener, and then punched a hole through the drywall of a shared garage belonging to a neighbor.
He then allegedly climbed inside the neighbor's garage and set it on fire.
The residents were home at the time, saw the garage was on fire, and called 911. The suspect fled and evaded police.
Fortunately, no one was hurt, but the property suffered some smoke damage.
Costa Mesa police say the man is facing both arson and burglary charges. The identity of the suspect was not immediately released.
arson, burglary, fire, orange county news
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center 41 min ago
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake 5 min ago
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor 25 min ago
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Azusa cheerleader dies from rare lung cancer
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)