Orange County News
Huntington Beach bicyclist killed in hit-and-run; driver arrested
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- An Oxnard man has been arrested in a hit-and-run in Huntington Beach that left a bicyclist dead on Wednesday.
Authorities responded to Edwards Street and Crosswind Drive at 10:55 p.m. and found the bicyclist in the roadway. The victim, a 37-year-old Huntington Beach man, was declared dead at the scene. His name was not released pending notification of next of kin.
A witness told police that the vehicle that struck the bicyclist had fled the scene. Officers were able to determine the suspect's vehicle type and color based on evidence left at the scene.
A gray 2012 Toyota Camry was soon located about a mile away, near Golden West Street and Garfield Avenue, and the vehicle had damage consistent with a recent collision. The driver, 29-year-old Antonio Magdaleno Jr., was arrested for felony hit-and-run resulting in death and and on suspicion of DUI.
Based on the preliminary investigation, authorities say the Camry was traveling southbound on Edward Street when it collided with the bicyclist, who was traveling southbound on Edwards Street in the bicycle lane.
Anyone with information about the incident is urged to call Huntington Beach Police Accident Investigator Tai Huynh at (714) 536-5670 or Accident Investigator Robert Barr at (714) 536-5666. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous can call Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
hit and run, arrest, orange county news
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 29 min ago
- Ex-couple found guilty in East LA bank robbery
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Lancaster man hit in deputy-involved shooting
- Actor Chris Pine pleads guilty to DUI
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Stooges drummer Scott Asheton dies at 64
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14