Orange County News
2nd Orange County family reunited with stolen camera, photos
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A second Orange County family has been reunited with a stolen camera and their photos thanks to police and Eyewitness News.
Last week, we reported on a story about how Santa Ana police located Dave Lacey, the owner of a stolen camera recovered at a pawn shop. On the camera were priceless photos of his wife's funeral after she died from cancer.
Among the recovered items was another stolen camera that had photos of a family of three visiting the Grand Canyon. Police released one of the photos, hoping to find the rightful owners.
Santa Ana detectives had tracked down the school that the child in the photo attends and were asking around if anyone knew the child. When they reached the father, he told officers that he had seen the picture on Eyewitness News and called the police station.
Police say the family was burglarized in November 2013. The stolen camera and photos are now back where they belong.
orange county news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition 45 min ago
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park 9 min ago
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 1 min ago
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report