Orange County News
Driver plunges 400 feet into dry river bed in Irvine
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was hospitalized after driving off the 241 toll road in Irvine and plunging 400 feet into the dry river bed below.
The incident occurred shortly after 8 a.m. Wednesday. Officials say it appears the woman was disoriented, and that may be why she drove off the road.
Investigators are checking whether she was under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Authorities say she suffered moderate injuries and was taken to Western Medical Center for treatment.
Southern California Edison had to turn off power to a power line before authorities could retrieve the car. Twenty-two customers in the city of Orange were affected, but all power has since been restored.
car crash, orange county news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 35 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 28 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 43 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12 14 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- 'The Other Woman' gets last laugh in theaters
11 min ago