Orange County News
$1 million worth of jewelry stolen from Laguna Hills store
LAGUNA HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- Orange County Sheriff's Department investigators are searching for suspects who stole jewelry valued between $700,000 and $1 million from a Laguna Hills jewelry store, officials said.
Over 1,000 pieces of earrings, necklaces, rings and chains were taken between the night of Feb. 22 and the morning of Feb. 23 at South Bay Jewelry Store, the store owner and employees told investigators.
The suspects appeared to have broken in by cutting a hole in the roof, Sheriff's Department officials said. They then proceeded to take jewelry from two safes in a back room, leaving the less valuable jewelry in unlocked cases at the front of the store behind, officials said.
Anyone with information about the burglary should call the Orange County Sheriff's Department South Investigations Unit at (949) 425-1900. Anonymous tips may also be submitted to Orange County Crime Stoppers at 855-TIP-OCCS (855-847-6227) or at occrimestoppers.org.
burglary, orange county news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 10 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 49 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'
- LA launches campaign to shut illegal pot...
29 min ago