Judge lets McInerney attend dad's funeral
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A Ventura County teenager charged with murdering a classmate will be allowed to go to his father's funeral.
A judge has granted permission for 15-year-old Brandon McInerney to leave juvenile detention to attend the service.
McInerney is charged with shooting and killing his classmate, 15-year-old Lawrence King, at E.O. Green School in Oxnard in February 2008.
McInerney, who's being tried as an adult, also faces hate crime charges because the victim was openly gay.
McInerney's father, William, was found dead at home on March 18.
His death has been ruled an accident, with alcoholism as a contributing factor.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES FROM VENTURA COUNTY
MORE L.A. BREAKING NEWS, WEATHER, TRAFFIC, SPORTS
SEND TIP || REPORT TYPO || TWEET @abc7 || WIDGET
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
44 min ago