Judge lets McInerney attend dad's funeral
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A Ventura County teenager charged with murdering a classmate will be allowed to go to his father's funeral.
A judge has granted permission for 15-year-old Brandon McInerney to leave juvenile detention to attend the service.
McInerney is charged with shooting and killing his classmate, 15-year-old Lawrence King, at E.O. Green School in Oxnard in February 2008.
McInerney, who's being tried as an adult, also faces hate crime charges because the victim was openly gay.
McInerney's father, William, was found dead at home on March 18.
His death has been ruled an accident, with alcoholism as a contributing factor.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES FROM VENTURA COUNTY
MORE L.A. BREAKING NEWS, WEATHER, TRAFFIC, SPORTS
SEND TIP || REPORT TYPO || TWEET @abc7 || WIDGET
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 23 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 6 min ago
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist 23 min ago
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'