Ventura County News
Murdered couple laid to rest
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Caskets bearing the bodies of Brock and Davina Husted were carried into Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic Church in Ventura Saturday. Family and friends filled the church, gathering to pay their last respects to the couple.
Ventura County Sheriff's detectives said the couple was targeted when they were stabbed to death inside their upscale Faria Beach home on May 20.
Police believe the suspect walked into the home through an unlocked French door, attacking Davina Husted in the kitchen.
Her 9-year-old son reportedly saw the suspect enter the home, woke up his 11-year-old sister and ran to a neighbor's house.
Brock Husted was killed when he came to the aid of his pregnant wife.
Sheriff's department investigators say they are still sifting through a lot of evidence, but with the killer still at large, they say they don't want to release any more information.
Neighbors are still on edge.
"I think everybody will breathe a sigh of relief if we get an answer about what happened, who it was and why it happened," said Harry Palmer, who lives in Faria Beach.
According to a newspaper report, investigators have served several search warrants in the case, but no possible suspects have been named.
ventura county news
- Man allegedly shoots, kills sister, wife 40 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend 22 min ago
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Ukraine police stand down after protest grows
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms 5 min ago
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions