Ventura County News
Police seek 2 men in 7-Eleven armed robbery
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura police are searching for two men in connection with the attempted murder of a clerk during a robbery at a 7-Eleven convenience store early Saturday morning.
Police say the two men, one of them armed with a shotgun, entered the store at 6320 Bristol Rd. at around 2:25 a.m.
Investigators say one of the suspects, wearing a T-shirt that concealed his nose and mouth, walked to the store's cooler while the other suspect, armed with the shotgun, stood at the door.
Investigators say as one suspect was removing beer from the cooler, the second suspect fired one shot at the clerk, who was able to duck and avoid being struck. A customer in the store was not injured.
The man with the shotgun is described as 20 to 25 years old, 5-feet-5 to 5-feet-9 inches tall, 190 to 210 pounds, with dark hair and a mustache. The man with his face covered is described as 20 to 25 years old, 5-feet-7 to 5-feet-9 inches tall, and 210 to 230 pounds.
In May, a clerk at the same 7-Eleven was shot during an attempted robbery. He recovered from his wound.
firing, robbery, shooting, ventura county news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 14 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)
- Unbelievable scenes from Colorado car chase
11 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
19 min ago