Ventura County News
14 indicted on drug trafficking charges
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A federal grand jury indicted 14 people on drug trafficking and money laundering charges on Friday, according to Ventura County officials.
Authorities said that Drug Enforcement Agency officials began the investigation seven months ago into DTO, a narcotics trafficking organization that used private jets to ship large amounts of cocaine from the Los Angeles area to the East Coast.
Investigators from the Ventura County Combined Agency Team said that the DTO moved more than 390 kilograms of cocaine to the Baltimore area and collected $4 million in drug proceeds.
Officials recently intercepted and seized more than 200 kilograms of cocaine and $1.1 million in cash.
Among those indicted on Friday was Ricky James Brascom, the chief executive officer of Behind da Scenes Entertainment and the alleged leader of the drug trafficking ring, according to the Ventura County Sheriff's Department.
drug cartel, ventura county news
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy