Ventura County News
14 indicted on drug trafficking charges
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A federal grand jury indicted 14 people on drug trafficking and money laundering charges on Friday, according to Ventura County officials.
Authorities said that Drug Enforcement Agency officials began the investigation seven months ago into DTO, a narcotics trafficking organization that used private jets to ship large amounts of cocaine from the Los Angeles area to the East Coast.
Investigators from the Ventura County Combined Agency Team said that the DTO moved more than 390 kilograms of cocaine to the Baltimore area and collected $4 million in drug proceeds.
Officials recently intercepted and seized more than 200 kilograms of cocaine and $1.1 million in cash.
Among those indicted on Friday was Ricky James Brascom, the chief executive officer of Behind da Scenes Entertainment and the alleged leader of the drug trafficking ring, according to the Ventura County Sheriff's Department.
drug cartel, ventura county news
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 52 min ago
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre