Ventura County News
14 indicted on drug trafficking charges
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A federal grand jury indicted 14 people on drug trafficking and money laundering charges on Friday, according to Ventura County officials.
Authorities said that Drug Enforcement Agency officials began the investigation seven months ago into DTO, a narcotics trafficking organization that used private jets to ship large amounts of cocaine from the Los Angeles area to the East Coast.
Investigators from the Ventura County Combined Agency Team said that the DTO moved more than 390 kilograms of cocaine to the Baltimore area and collected $4 million in drug proceeds.
Officials recently intercepted and seized more than 200 kilograms of cocaine and $1.1 million in cash.
Among those indicted on Friday was Ricky James Brascom, the chief executive officer of Behind da Scenes Entertainment and the alleged leader of the drug trafficking ring, according to the Ventura County Sheriff's Department.
drug cartel, ventura county news
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 32 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 1 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
41 min ago