Ventura County News
Weather shuts down 9-mile stretch of PCH
POINT MUGU, VENTURA COUNTY (KABC) -- A 9-mile stretch of Pacific Coast Highway (State Route 1) was closed in both directions by the California Dept. of Transportation (Caltrans).
North- and southbound lanes of PCH have been closed between Yerba Buena Rd. and Las Posas Rd. due to mudslides and fallen rocks.
The closure began Saturday night and was expected to remain in place while heavy rain continues in the area. Caltrans geologists will assess the road and surrounding conditions as weather permits.
US 101, State Route 23 (Decker Rd.), or Kanan Rd. are suggested alternate routes.
rain, road closure, ventura county news
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic 15 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021 40 min ago
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
46 min ago