Ventura County News
Citrus pest quarantine expands to Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. -- All of Ventura County was placed under quarantine after two Asian citrus psyllid insects were found in the area.
The pests, which can be devastating to citrus crops if unchecked, triggered quarantine measures by the Department of Food and Agriculture after several specimens were found throughout Southern California.
Quarantines were already put in place in San Diego, Imperial, Los Angeles, San Bernardino and Riverside counties to prevent the spread of the insect.
The quarantine limits the movement of plants and fruits in and out of county lines and requires all citrus fruit be cleaned of leaves and stems before leaving quarantine zones.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
ventura county news
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved 26 min ago
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial 39 min ago
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- Van Nuys road rage: 2 well-dressed men fight
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite 21 min ago
- San Jose sues MLB for stalling A's move
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing 30 min ago
- Afghanistan gov. takes over its armed forces
- Expansions for women in combat to be announced
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- Justin Bieber cleared in crash investigation
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan