Ventura County News
Woman charged in hit-run death of bicyclist
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A bicyclist was killed after being hit by a car and thrown into a ditch along the Pacific Coast Highway in Ventura County.
Shannon Richard, 43, is facing charges of drunk driving, hit and run and manslaughter.
The California Highway Patrol says Richard was arrested at her home in the Faria Beach area shortly after 40-year-old Jose Carmona was struck and killed as he walked along Pacific Coast Highway with his bike Saturday night.
Officers say Richard admitted she was driving the car that hit Carmona and that she had her 2-year-old daughter with her at the time.
Richard, who recently ran a children's store in Ventura, was released on bail and is expected to appear in court Friday.
car crash, hit and run, arrest, ventura county news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event