Ventura County News
Jury selection set for May in Oxnard school shooting case
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Jury selection is set to get under way next month for the murder trial of Brandon McInerney, who is charged with the execution style killing of a gay classmate, 15-year-old Larry King, in 2008.
Police said it happened during a computer lab class at E.O. Green School in Oxnard.
Prosecutors said McInerney is also charged with a hate crime because of his alleged white supremacist views, and because his classmate King, had said he was gay.
The now 17-year-old McInerney could face life in prison if convicted.
court case, shooting, school shooting, hate crime, legal, ventura county news
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill 26 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous' 58 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 42 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood 55 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Kettlebells can help burn calories fast
43 min ago