Ventura County News
Jury selection set for May in Oxnard school shooting case
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Jury selection is set to get under way next month for the murder trial of Brandon McInerney, who is charged with the execution style killing of a gay classmate, 15-year-old Larry King, in 2008.
Police said it happened during a computer lab class at E.O. Green School in Oxnard.
Prosecutors said McInerney is also charged with a hate crime because of his alleged white supremacist views, and because his classmate King, had said he was gay.
The now 17-year-old McInerney could face life in prison if convicted.
court case, shooting, school shooting, hate crime, legal, ventura county news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California 1 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 30 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
3 min ago