Ventura County News
Jury selection set for May in Oxnard school shooting case
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Jury selection is set to get under way next month for the murder trial of Brandon McInerney, who is charged with the execution style killing of a gay classmate, 15-year-old Larry King, in 2008.
Police said it happened during a computer lab class at E.O. Green School in Oxnard.
Prosecutors said McInerney is also charged with a hate crime because of his alleged white supremacist views, and because his classmate King, had said he was gay.
The now 17-year-old McInerney could face life in prison if convicted.
court case, shooting, school shooting, hate crime, legal, ventura county news
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family 2 min ago
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt 39 min ago
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians