Ventura County News
Faria Beach murder suspect convicted in separate case
FARIA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The man charged with the May 2009 killing a couple in their Ventura County beach house has been convicted in a separate case.
A jury found Joshua Packer, 21, guilty of a felony and two misdemeanors in connection with a hit-and-run crash in December 2009, seven months after the murders.
Parker reportedly crashed into a parked car and prevented the victim from calling police.
He is facing trial for the killing of Brock Husted, his wife Davina, and their unborn child in their Faria Beach home.
He could get the death penalty if he's convicted in that case.
murder, ventura county news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees