Ventura County News
Search for missing person off Port Hueneme coast
PORT HUENEME, Calif. (KABC) -- Dive teams from the Ventura County Sheriff's Department searched on Friday for a man seen diving off the Port Hueneme Pier.
Witnesses say a man, identified as 25-year-old Christopher Fierro, bolted from the pier at about 6:45 p.m. on Thursday, saying he was going for a short swim.
Fierro apparently managed to swim a short distance before yelling out for help and then disappearing.
The Coast Guard deployed a life boat, divers and a helicopter, but the man was not spotted.
missing person, coast guard, ventura county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 7 min ago
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 36 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt 39 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 10 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court 57 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 50 min ago
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis