Ventura County News
Search for missing person off Port Hueneme coast
PORT HUENEME, Calif. (KABC) -- Dive teams from the Ventura County Sheriff's Department searched on Friday for a man seen diving off the Port Hueneme Pier.
Witnesses say a man, identified as 25-year-old Christopher Fierro, bolted from the pier at about 6:45 p.m. on Thursday, saying he was going for a short swim.
Fierro apparently managed to swim a short distance before yelling out for help and then disappearing.
The Coast Guard deployed a life boat, divers and a helicopter, but the man was not spotted.
missing person, coast guard, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash 26 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 41 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside 2 min ago
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft 44 min ago
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video