Ventura County News
Dog attack leaves Ventura County boy, 10, with face injuries
EL RIO, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities said a 10-year-old boy was left with significant injuries to his face Saturday after being attacked by his neighbor's pit bull in an unincorporated area of Ventura County.
Ventura sheriff's officials said the attack happened about 8:30 a.m. in the 3400 block of Citrus Street in El Rio.
The boy was on a bicycle when the 100-pound dog came out of a neighboring yard and attacked him, officials said. He then ran to his cousin's house for safety.
The boy was taken to Ventura County Medical Center.
The dog's owner told deputies that the dog was secured in the backyard. At that point, deputies said the dog came out again, but was not aggressive toward them.
The owner grabbed the dog and placed it in a patrol car. Animal control then put the dog into quarantine.
Authorities are investigating to see if the owner is at fault.
dog attack, ventura county news
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA 35 min ago
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theater
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- United's 787 Dreamliners back in service
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Aerial views of Oklahoma tornado damage
1 min ago