Ventura County News
Dog attack leaves Ventura County boy, 10, with face injuries
EL RIO, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities said a 10-year-old boy was left with significant injuries to his face Saturday after being attacked by his neighbor's pit bull in an unincorporated area of Ventura County.
Ventura sheriff's officials said the attack happened about 8:30 a.m. in the 3400 block of Citrus Street in El Rio.
The boy was on a bicycle when the 100-pound dog came out of a neighboring yard and attacked him, officials said. He then ran to his cousin's house for safety.
The boy was taken to Ventura County Medical Center.
The dog's owner told deputies that the dog was secured in the backyard. At that point, deputies said the dog came out again, but was not aggressive toward them.
The owner grabbed the dog and placed it in a patrol car. Animal control then put the dog into quarantine.
Authorities are investigating to see if the owner is at fault.
dog attack, ventura county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 37 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School 42 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video