Ventura County News
Dog attack leaves Ventura County boy, 10, with face injuries
EL RIO, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities said a 10-year-old boy was left with significant injuries to his face Saturday after being attacked by his neighbor's pit bull in an unincorporated area of Ventura County.
Ventura sheriff's officials said the attack happened about 8:30 a.m. in the 3400 block of Citrus Street in El Rio.
The boy was on a bicycle when the 100-pound dog came out of a neighboring yard and attacked him, officials said. He then ran to his cousin's house for safety.
The boy was taken to Ventura County Medical Center.
The dog's owner told deputies that the dog was secured in the backyard. At that point, deputies said the dog came out again, but was not aggressive toward them.
The owner grabbed the dog and placed it in a patrol car. Animal control then put the dog into quarantine.
Authorities are investigating to see if the owner is at fault.
dog attack, ventura county news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 19 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet 10 min ago
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2