Ventura County News
Dog attack leaves Ventura County boy, 10, with face injuries
EL RIO, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities said a 10-year-old boy was left with significant injuries to his face Saturday after being attacked by his neighbor's pit bull in an unincorporated area of Ventura County.
Ventura sheriff's officials said the attack happened about 8:30 a.m. in the 3400 block of Citrus Street in El Rio.
The boy was on a bicycle when the 100-pound dog came out of a neighboring yard and attacked him, officials said. He then ran to his cousin's house for safety.
The boy was taken to Ventura County Medical Center.
The dog's owner told deputies that the dog was secured in the backyard. At that point, deputies said the dog came out again, but was not aggressive toward them.
The owner grabbed the dog and placed it in a patrol car. Animal control then put the dog into quarantine.
Authorities are investigating to see if the owner is at fault.
dog attack, ventura county news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California 50 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'
- How to make delicious tamales for holidays
41 min ago
- Boy w/ heart problem learns via Skype
48 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
53 min ago
- Aulani Resort is perfect holiday getaway
32 min ago