Ventura County News
4 arrested in Thousand Oaks identity theft ring
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Four people were arrested in Thousand Oaks Friday, suspected of being part of an identity theft ring.
According to the Ventura County Sheriff's Department, deputies contacted a group of suspicious people in a room at a Newbury Park hotel on June 3.
Deputies discovered drug paraphernalia in the room, along with what is described as a large-scale fraudulent check operation.
Thousand Oaks Police and US Secret Service personnel launched an investigation and served a search warrant at the location. Execution of the search warrant revealed further evidence of a conspiracy to create fraudulent checks, counterfeit government documents and citizen identity theft, according to the sheriff's department.
Four people were arrested on multiple felony charges. Three of the arrestees had outstanding warrants related to identity theft, forgery and drugs.
Bryce Tubb, Dyral Smith, Marina Elizalde and Paul Gonzales were booked at the Ventura County Pre-Trial Detention Facility.
arrest, identity theft, ventura county news
- Report: Possible armed suspect in LA Times bldg 9 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat 56 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)