Ventura County News
4 arrested in Thousand Oaks identity theft ring
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Four people were arrested in Thousand Oaks Friday, suspected of being part of an identity theft ring.
According to the Ventura County Sheriff's Department, deputies contacted a group of suspicious people in a room at a Newbury Park hotel on June 3.
Deputies discovered drug paraphernalia in the room, along with what is described as a large-scale fraudulent check operation.
Thousand Oaks Police and US Secret Service personnel launched an investigation and served a search warrant at the location. Execution of the search warrant revealed further evidence of a conspiracy to create fraudulent checks, counterfeit government documents and citizen identity theft, according to the sheriff's department.
Four people were arrested on multiple felony charges. Three of the arrestees had outstanding warrants related to identity theft, forgery and drugs.
Bryce Tubb, Dyral Smith, Marina Elizalde and Paul Gonzales were booked at the Ventura County Pre-Trial Detention Facility.
arrest, identity theft, ventura county news
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- Stroke recognition crucial for quick...
30 min ago