Ventura County News
4 arrested in Thousand Oaks identity theft ring
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Four people were arrested in Thousand Oaks Friday, suspected of being part of an identity theft ring.
According to the Ventura County Sheriff's Department, deputies contacted a group of suspicious people in a room at a Newbury Park hotel on June 3.
Deputies discovered drug paraphernalia in the room, along with what is described as a large-scale fraudulent check operation.
Thousand Oaks Police and US Secret Service personnel launched an investigation and served a search warrant at the location. Execution of the search warrant revealed further evidence of a conspiracy to create fraudulent checks, counterfeit government documents and citizen identity theft, according to the sheriff's department.
Four people were arrested on multiple felony charges. Three of the arrestees had outstanding warrants related to identity theft, forgery and drugs.
Bryce Tubb, Dyral Smith, Marina Elizalde and Paul Gonzales were booked at the Ventura County Pre-Trial Detention Facility.
arrest, identity theft, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months