Ventura County News
Oxnard student shooting trial to begin Tues.
CHATSWORTH, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Jury selection wrapped up Wednesday in the trial of Oxnard teen Brandon McInerney.
McInerney, 17, is charged with fatally shooting his classmate Lawrence King at an Oxnard junior high school in 2008.
Prosecutors are calling it a hate crime because King was gay.
Opening statements in the case are set to begin next Tuesday.
The trial was moved from Ventura to Chatsworth due to publicity surrounding the case.
ventura county news
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained 44 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested 37 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue 28 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour 49 min ago